6009 Heege Road
Affton, Missouri 63123
PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS VIGIL
Last Tuesday of the month 9 am – 11:30 am
Vigil starts with Holy Mass at 9 am. The Rosary, Divine Mercy chaplet and other prayers are then offered for the persecuted Christians all 0ver the world, especially in the Middle East, China and Russia.
Vigil ends at 11:30 am.
FIRST FRIDAY VIGIL
FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTIONS
The Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to 3 children in Fatima, Portugal on six different occasions from May to October, 1917. On July 13, the third apparition, Our Lady revealed herself as the Immaculate Heart and showed the children a terrifying vision of Hell and said: “You have seen Hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, GOD wishes to establish in the world the devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If people do what I tell you, many souls will be saved and there will be peace…”
Also, in the 3rd apparition at Fatima, Our Lady said: “Look, my daughter, at my heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console me and say that I promise to assist at the hour of death, with the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months:
- Confess and Receive Holy Communion.
- Recite five decades of the Holy Rosary.
- Keep me company for fifteen minutes, which can be done in church, home or a Holy Hour while meditating on one or all the mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making reparation to Mary.
Why Five First Saturdays?
Christians have always honored the Blessed Virgin on Saturday because of her constant faith in Jesus on that first Holy Saturday before the Resurrection. Five First Saturdays of reparation were requested to atone for the five blasphemies against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
- Attacks upon Mary’s Immaculate Conception
- Attacks against her Perpetual Virginity
- Attacks upon her Divine Maternity and the refusal to accept her as the Mother of all mankind
- For those who try to publicly implant in children’s hearts indifference, contempt and even hatred of this Immaculate Heart
- For those who insult her directly in her sacred images.
First Saturday Devotion…A promise of salvation.
This promise of salvation is for everyone without exception. The Five First Saturdays devotion forms an integral part of the Fatima Message, one which the Church, principally, at this time, in the person of her priests and laity, needs to enthusiastically accept and promote. When this is completed, a new Marian era and a wonderful rebirth for the Church, all of which will eventually lead to the long- awaited triumph of Mary’s Immaculate Heart.